Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh, egad, I haven't posted anything for almost a year, but in that year some pretty spectacular creations have manifested! Back in March 2009 I was on overload getting our home ready to sell so we could move to Anacortes, Washington. On March 5, 2010, we closed escrow on a wonderful home off Rosario Road in Fidalgo Island, with a view stretching from the Olympic Peninsula to southwest, Orcas Island to the north, and Vancouver Island to the west. It wasn't easy because there were many hiccups. More on that later. All I know is that for almost a year, I used every trick in the book to hold the vision that David and I would live in the perfect (and affordable) home for us, and that is exactly what we created.
What were some of those tricks? I avoided talking about the disturbing real estate market with people. I got up every morning and experienced the feeling of having what I wanted. I didn't allow myself to get suckered into believing apparent reality. I could see that our home had been on the market for seven months without a nibble, but I worked hard not to buy into the negative implications of that. When Davy got discouraged, I reminded him that our thoughts become themselves. When I got discouraged, he told me to go read my book. We both kept reminding the other of great things we'd created in times past. If we could do it then, we can do it now. After all, this was the biggest creation of our lives, and we had to stay on task. Failure was not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment