Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Inspiring the Genie: what is it?

This blog is an experiment.
I want to see what happens when I publicly announce what I intend to create each day. Will it make a difference? What will my track record be? Will I be totally embarassed out of my mind?
Obviously I'll need to keep track of what happens and announce the results in a timely way on this blog. That I promise to do, and I hope the results will be most exciting and enlightening. I promise not to cheat or to prevaricate.

But, you may wonder, why am I doing this?
The answer is simple. It's been twelve years since I wrote
Take a Moment and Create Your Life!, and I want people see me go through the process of consciously creating future experiences. Usually I only do this in private, or in small groups such as the Gaian Sisterhood or Creating is Genius because who really wants to fail in public?
But I'm doing it publicly, because I intend to succeed.
Sometimes it'll be hard, because frankly, I have one of those it'll-never-happen-the-way-I-want-it-to genes.
But I also have a great imagination and a will to have a happy life.
And that's what you're going to watch me spar with: my desire for happiness VERSUS my fears. Success happens when desire wins out.
So STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment